Re: Why was gs-aladdin removed as "recommends" from magicfilter?

*- On  7 Apr, Gergely Madarasz wrote about "Re: Why was gs-aladdin removed as "recommends" from magicfilter?"
> On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Brian Servis wrote:
>
>> *- On  7 Apr, Bob Nielsen wrote about "Re: Why was gs-aladdin removed as "recommends" from magicfilter?"

>> > I agree, although a better approach might be to have gs-aladdin show
>> >
>> > Provides:  gs
>> >

>> It already does, so basically having magicfilter with a recommends of
>> gs is fine, since gs-aladdin provides gs.  If gs-aladdin is installed
>> dselect shouldn't complain.
>
> Magicfilter has a versioned recommends, and we don't have versioned
> provides, so gs-aladdin cannot fulfill that dependency...

Ahh, you are correct.  I think it would be appropriate to file a bug
against magicfilter and dpkg. Magicfilter for the inability to accept
gs-alladin as an acceptable alternative if it is installed.  dpkg for a
lack of versioned provides.

--
Brian
							   - unknown