Re: Console Screen Saver

	Subject: Console Screen Saver
	Date: Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 11:33:26AM -0500

Quoting Chris Brown(CBROWN@seitz.com):
> We would like to completely and fully disable the screen saver for
> the console.

setterm - set terminal attributes
setterm [ -blank [ 0-60 ] ]

> We know the command use at the command line and it works, but.....

What command are you using?

but what???
> .... we would like to have the system comeup without the screen
> saver, so if it stops somewhere in boot or a the login prompt the
> screen doesnt turn off. The earlier in the boot process the better, a
> kernel option perhaps?

so put the setterm command into /etc/init.d/local.rc

> We've tried placing the command line function is various scripts
> associated with bootup and run levels but it doesn't seem to work.
> Its almost as thought maybe something is coming after our disable to
> re-enable it.

Read the man page for update-rc.d

--
The day-to-day travails of the IBM programmer are so amusing to most of
us who are fortunate enough never to have been one -- like watching