Re: How ro set cmos clock to system time

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 09:56:50AM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> I run slink and want to set the cmos clock to system time. My system time is
> set with ntp, and I think there is a way to set adjtimnex to sync the cmos
> clock every 11 minutes to the system time, but I can not figure out how it is
> done. My cmos clock is set to UTC.

hwclock -w; you might need other options to handle the clock being set
to UTC, I'm not sure.

I think it may be a bad idea (and most likely unnecessary) to update
the CMOS clock every 11 minutes. These things have a finite write life
(or used to, anyway).

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.