Re: XF86Setup

On Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:49:00 +0200, you wrote:

>I installed 2.1 , therefore I used 2.0, I did not upgrade.
>then I wanted to install  the X window system with XF86Setup ,as
>root,and I know what to choose and the entire procedure goes well but
>there is something not good.At the end after the last "done" and "okay"
>I get the message:" -X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: can't connect errno=111"

This is from the xfree.org faq. Hope it helps:

Q.E14- I get an error "_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect:
errno = 111". What does it mean?

Whenever the XFree86 Xserver crashes, dies, ceases to exist or is
inaccessible for any reason, you will see this error message. It is a
message from an X-client (=any program running on your XFree86
Xserver, for example the window manager) telling you that it tried to
connect to your Xserver, but failed to do some for "some" reason.

Quoting only this message in a bug report is therefore utterly
useless. Look in the server output for the real reason why the server
died. Normally you should see the real error message (=why the server
stopped working) a few lines before the "error 111" message.

If you still can't make head or tails of all those messages, make sure
to quote the FULL server output in your bug report. It is impossible
to provide you with any help, if you just mention the "error 111", as
so many people do.

Obtaining the full server output is normally accomplished by
redirecting both standard output and standard error to a file while
starting the server. On some systems this is done by default.