Re: email threat

> Regardless of what your differences are with Eric this message should not
> have been posted to this list.

May I politely suggest that you reconsider that?

Eric should not have written the letter to begin with.  An apology to Bruce is long overdue.  Every one of Bruce's criticisms of the APSL has been general, civil, and focused on the issues at hand.  Eric's rebuttals and articles have been almost entirely ad-hominim, vituperative, and unrelated to the APSL.

This is ugly, yes, but Eric should realize by now that he can not assume that his communications with Bruce will remain private, especially if they contain threats made in the name of "our entire tribe."  Read the full text of the letter.  The most ominous part of it is the quote at the end.  Let's all hope, for the sake of civil discourse, that it was auto-generated.  If it was, then Eric needs to prune his .sig/fortune file, and we can drop this and move on.

Full text of message:
http://perens.com/Articles/Threat.html

Ed