Re: Script to check whether modem telephone line in use --- how?

I think the best way is to get a 'line in use indicator' box that plugs
into the phone line.  A little diode lights up when the line is in use.
There are also devices that you can plug into the phone jack of each
phone on the line that shut that jack off if any other jack is in use,
great for modem use.  In the States these can be found at most
electronic/phone stores for about US$5-$15.

Just a thought,

Brian

*- On  1 Apr, Mark Phillips wrote about "Script to check whether modem telephone line in use --- how?"