Re: What DO you lose with Linux ??? (fwd)

Hey all,

	Just had to jump in with my $0.02 here -- Winamp is _not_ well
written - it is a complete resource cow!  It has many features that are
just plain extraneous and introduce unnecessary overhead.  I have trouble
even *playing* mp3s on my family's Win98 box, a P133 with 32MB of RAM, let
alone running something else while listening.  X11amp uses less CPU time,
it plays well, and it runs on GNU/Linux systems.  Now if it was just open
source...

Steve