Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

What I was saying is that it is easier to have programs loaded at boot time in
those other OS's. Windows has a startup folder where you drop programs you want
to run. It is fairly easy to add programs to autoexec.bat as well. OS/2 has a
simillar system.

Windows registry is not user friendly in itself, but Windows comes with
"Regedit" which helps a lot.

Yes, OS/2 has a huge config.sys file, but not several init files like Linux
has. That is what is confusing. Worse is that it is different on the
different distributions as well.

On 29-Mar-99 Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <cistron.E10RJzt-0000BF-00@oddbird>,
> Christian Dysthe  <cdysthe@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>After my initial posting in this thread I must say that Debian, and maybe
>>Linux
>>in general, has a complicated, not very user friendly, way of handling
>>of drivers and programs at boot. Both DOS/Windows and OS/2 handles this more
>>"elegantly".
>
> By editting a HUGE monolithic CONFIG.SYS file in c:\ that isn't even readable
> anymore in OS/2. And every time the OS decides to edit it your local
> changes are gone or mutilated.
>
> Windows .. registry .. user friendly ?
>
> It's simpler, yes, but because of that it doesn't work either.
>
> Don't try compare Unix to DOS 3.3. DOS 3.3 is definitely simpler.
>
> Mike.
> --
> Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
>

> --
> /dev/null

Regards,
Christian Dysthe