Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 12:49:27PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
> However, can I ask people what they would use for "music composition,
> accounting and personal finance"? I'm aware of good programs for
> creating musical scores which can also generate MIDI output, but I'd
> hardly call them top-flight composition tools; and it does seem that
> the accounting/finance area is thinly served.

For the music composition thing...  This is more along the lines of
recording, but if you're recording, then you've probably
composed... "SLab" is a very powerful multi track recording tool.  A
bit buggy, but still maturing, and really cool.

Also, Impulse Tracker is being ported to Linux, for .mod (.it
actually) composition.  You can definately do composing with Impulse
Tracker.

There are soooo many apps for Linux, although some are hard to find or
a bit obscure.  A lot of reporters probably don't take the time to
actually find out what *IS* available for Linux.

MG

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,