Re: Star Office 5 & Potato/Glibc2.1??

>> "RKL" == Ryan K Losh <rklosh@rkl.org> writes:

RKL> I know that I'm probably a moron for running "up to date" potato
RKL> systems.  However, when potato moved to Glibc 2.1, my Star Office
RKL> 5 stopped working.  Is there any way to have BOTH Glibc 2.0 and
RKL> 2.1, or is there some other way to make Star Office 5 work?

Try this:

From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Slink to potato upgrade
To: John Lines <john@paladin.demon.co.uk>
cc: Debian Developers <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, John Lines wrote:

> Anthony Towns wrote:

>> As far as dodgy programs relying on undocumented features, I've no
>> idea what could be done. Redoing those features just for jdk might be
>> a good idea, maybe. :-/

> I have wondered about putting a copy of glibc2.0 into oldlibs and
> providing wrappers for programs (such as StarOffice) which break,
> and which we cant change. (Note I have not yet tried this, so I
> don't know if it will work)

It will work.

Just make sure you also have a copy of the ld-linux.so from glib2.0.

You need a wrapper something like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/glibc2.0 /path/to/ld-linux.so.fromglibc2.0
/path/to/app/which/breaks

(all one line)

Jules