Re: VMware again

*- On 24 Mar, Matthew Cocker wrote about "VMware again"
> The install script for vmware installs a /etc/rc.d/init.d directory with
> a vmware init script for setting up and loading the required modules.
> When I reboot my box the vmware moddules did not load. My guess is if I
> make a link from /etc/rc.d/init.d/vmware to /etc/init.d/vmware things
> should start automatically. Is this correct or should I move the vmware
> scripts to normal debian places?
>
> Cheers Matt

If I remember correctly it asked for the correct parent
directory of the init.d directory.  A quick look in the install.pl
script shows:

"Enter the top directory under which the init scripts reside.  It should contain\n" .
 "init.d/, rc3.d/, rc5.d/, and rc6.d/:"

You should have given the location as /etc and not the default of
/etc/rc.d.

To fix the problem you could re-run the install script or you could
move the vmware init.d script to /etc/init.d and then create the
appropiate symlinks from /etc/rc{2,3,4}.d/S99vmware to
/etc/init.d/vmware with 'update-rc.d defaults 99 08'.

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net