kernel upgrade

I installed hamm on my machine, but have since upgraded to slink (using
dselect) and kernel 2.2.1. Problem is I have just got this error
message:

>Whoa, something is wrong with the system include files on your machine!
The file <linux/version.h> is for a 2.0.36 Linux system but you are
running a 2.2.1 kernel.  This will not work for building the VMware
device drivers; you must have include files that match the version of
your operating system.<

So I had a look around my /usr/include/linux directory

sure enough the version.h file looks like this

#define UTS_RELEASE "2.0.36"
#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 131108

in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.1/include/linux/

I have the correct version.h file

#define UTS_RELEASE "2.2.1"
#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 131585
#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))

can I just copy the correct version.h file to /usr/include/linux. All
the files in /usr/include/linux have creation dates that match the
compile date of the kernel.

What about the rest of the files in /usr/include/linux, should I check
them all or is the make install suppose to place everything where it is
suppose to go. I also have a kerneld.h with the orginal hamm creation
date should I delete it.

Thanks for your help

Cheers matt cocker