Re: Hitting web site consistently dropped ppp connection?

Heikki,

	Actually, the triple-plus signal is part of the Hayes modem command
protocol. It tells the modem to enter its command state and interpret any
subsequent chars as operational commands. Thus, triple-plusATH will cause a
hang-up. Any modem adhering to this standard, which includes all consumer
devices, will behave in this way.

	A person who places this string in a web-page is probably doing so for
the sole purpose of messing with the minds of anyone trying to download their
page.