TIOCSER?WILD ??????????

Hi all,

Having upgraded from Kernel 2.0.34 to 2.2.3 I get a mesage that says

TIOCSER?WILD ioctl obsolete, ignored.

when the machine boots. The message is printed twice and I can see it with
dmesg. I thought it might be an option in a config file so I searched the
whole harddrive for files containing "TIOCSER?WILD", the only non executable
file I could find was serial.c in the kernel source. What does it mean and
how can I stop it? I can't see anything about it in the Changes document in
the kernel\documents dir.  Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Andy Holmes

andyholmes@proxima.force9.co.uk

"The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic
herd!", Edmund Blackadder