RE: ftp-ing permissions not set correctly

johnie wrote:
> ProFTPD.  The Umask directive: http://www.proftpd.org/reference.html#Umask

Tried that Umask reference, but it didn't seem to apply to what I was trying
to do.  As far as I can tell, Umask limits whether or not a user can write
to a directory or create directories.  (maybe I read the documentation
wrong.)  I can write to the appropriate directory just fine.  Once the file
is written, however, I'd like it to have the default file permissions:
-rw-r-r--
rather than
-rw-r-r--

I'm ftp-ing to my default apache web directory:  /var/www and would like my
uploads to all be world readable by default (as described above).

Any more thoughts on how to do this?  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Brian