Drive test Utility

Does anyone know of a package or utility that exercises and surface
scans hard drives? (IDE in particular)

I've got a system that will be co-located a 1000 miles away and I'd
like to burn in the system before shipping it out. I've had a drive
failure before so I'm especially interested in giving these a work
out.

The IDEAL would be if the program could run in background and do a
non-destructive surface scan to a mounted drive. I know that's asking
a lot, but I'd be happy with anything at this point.

TIA,

Chris Brown

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org