Sound-config with isapnp

Hello,
I ve problems with the configuration of an Aztech soundcard. The
first straightforward try wasn t very satisfactory, so I wanted to
start a second one with isapnp. I downloded it from Red Hat and
installed alien for the translation into a debian-package, but it
didn t work. In the man-page of alien I was told that I need the
package-manager of Red Hat. Now I have a big Problem:
1. I don t now much about Red Hat and so I don t know what package I
    have to look for.
2. How can I install the package-manager of Red Hat when I m not able
    to convert the packages? It s something like going round a
    circle.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt