Re: Memory Help

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> > Jesse Lee wrote:
> >
> > Why will linux only recognize half of my 128 meg of ram? It reads my
> > swap space fine but when I look in dmesg It says it only found 64 megs
> > RAM.
>
> you need to put the line:
>
>    append="mem=128M"
>
> in your lilo.conf and rerun lilo

 The reason, BTW, is that the original BIOS system call that identifies
available memory can only report up to 64MB. Newer BIOS versions have an
improved function, but you need a newer Linux kernel, or special patches,
to use it.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

                     Anagrams of "FANUC Robotics":

 baton of circus   curb not fiasco   crab of suction   count for basic
 stoic cobra fun   torn cubic oafs   surf in tobacco   of arctic bonus
                   so count fabric   brain of stucco