Re: Gnome 1.0 debs?

> Couldn't .debs that aren't 100% at least go into potato? That's what
> unstable is for isn't it ?

Why is there this pent up frustration for always having the absolute latest versions of software? I would have thought it may be a good idea to wait a few weeks to see if others report that there major goofs. Quality is very very important. We do want debian to be more reliable than windows 98. Unstable does not means completely untested, otherwise it would be a rather worthless minefield.

If you really are so keen you could just download the source code and compile it. This is not a difficult option and by identifying any bugs you would be helping the debian community.

I'll just wait, hoping that the debian people do a good job. A few weeks or so is not a long period of time. The people doing this work are not getting paid, so they probablely only have a limited time each day to do this work.

Regards ....