file permissions while FTP-ing not right
- To: "Debian User Group" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: file permissions while FTP-ing not right
- From: "Brian Morgan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:45:36 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Using slink, apache, proftpd. When I ftp files to my /var/www directory,
they get the default file permissions of:
I would like them to be:
How do I change this as default? Is it something in the proftpd package?
Apache? Debian? The specific user?
Brian Morgan http://brian.greenville.edu
Computer Support Specialist email@example.com
IBM Mobile Systems Support 618.664.2800 ext. 4241
Greenville College IT Dept. 618.338.4963 - pager
"Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in their shoes,
because by that time you will be a mile away and have their shoes."