Re: Using crontab to update Debian

    I put in /etc/cron.daily the following script:

[18:42:34]paulo@phantasy:~$more /etc/cron.daily/upgrade_debian
#!/bin/sh
#
# Para  atualizar a Debian de madrugada
# update-debian cron daily

pon
sleep 20
apt-get update
apt-get -d dist-upgrade
[18:42:40]paulo@phantasy:~$

    I know that apt-get -d dist-upgrade ask yes, but how do I pipe to
it. I tried apt-get -d dist-upgrade |  y and doesnt work: y -> command
not found
    Thanks,        Paulo Henrique

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Shaleh wrote:

> On 09-Mar-99 Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> >     Hi Debian users,
> >     In my country (Brazil) I only have to pay one tax between 0:00
and
> > 6:00 AM independent of call time.
> > I'm start thinking to get my home machine live at night and set
crontab
> > to use pon or wvdial (I have two account, one with pon and other
with
> > wvdial) and use /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/script_to_upgrade.
> >     Am I following the right path to solution?
> >     The script will be only:
> >     #!/bin/bash
> >     apt-get update
> >     apt-get dist-upgrade
> >     ?
> >     Have a nice day,        Paulo Henrique
> >

> Yes, except for the fact that the install needs you there to hit enter
a few
> times.  Apt says "is this correct [Y/n]", "press enter to continue".
The