Upgrade LyX from Potato?

I want to upgrade to LyX 1.0.1-1 from potato, since it seems slink was
released still with LyX 0.12.0.final-0.1.  So far upgrading packages from
slink in hamm has gone ok, but of course slink wasn't unstable but frozen.

Will I have any problem upgrading a hamm package with one from potato
(including upgrading dependencies)?

Else, would it be a good idea to uninstall my current version of LyX and
installing a LyX 1.0 tarball?

Also, I posted the following question a couple of days ago... every now and
then, afterstep's menu config file (/etc/X11/afterstep/menudefs.hook) seems
to change back to before I added new menus (from /opt).  Anyway I can avoid
it?

TIA

Horacio