Re: what's the best html wordprocessor?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 3/9/99, 11:55:42 PM, George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> wrote
regarding Re: what's the best html wordprocessor?:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Paul Puri wrote:

> > StarWriter is the best I've seen so far for Linux.  The memory needs
> > for this thing can be a bit too high for most users though.  I can't
> > wait to check out what the gnome word processor will do.

> Word perfect also has an html composer mode and I think LyX will allow
you
> to save as html.

I'm aware of this.  However, I'm a little disappointed in wp8's use of
X screen fonts.  They are very blurry, and on my lcd on my laptop,
sometimes word's or letters disappear.  This can be very frustrating
when one's editing documents.

Even though soffice is bloated as hell, they do a good job overall
with their product.  It's pretty well polished.

I'm still excited about what gnome will come up with.  And Corel's
Office 2000 (WP9, etc.) will be out at the end of this year.  Until
then, I'm afraid WP8 will only get attention from me when I need to
print docs with the pleading lines...