Re: How to get Debian and (argh!) Windows 95 machines linked through null modem?

Pablo (Spectra) <plonghi@writeme.com> wrote:

>I have a big problem and little time to solve. Can anyone help me?
>I have to get a Debian (hamm) machine and a (argh!) Windows 95 one
>linked through a null modem cable using PPP protocol. The Debian machine can be
>able to connect Internet through ppp0.

Try Samba. Debian supports Samba. Samba supports the Windows
networking style via TCP-IP. Alas, I can't help you with the lack of
time you have. Recently I have set up a network with Samba and it has
cost me much time and many questions on a local dutch Linux mailing
list to get it going.

Paul Huygen