weird dependency error; please help...

Folks,

	I'm running KDE 1.1 on a Debian slink system. I recently tried to
install kpilot, a very nicely done desktop application for the Palm Pilot PDA.

	The installation failed, claiming a dependency error:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kpilot:
 kpilot depends on qt1g (>= 1.42-2); however:
  Version of qt1g on system is 1.42-1.
dpkg: error processing kpilot (--install):
 kpilot

	Ok, I've encountered this sort of thing before, so I snoop around the
Debian potato directories, ftp qt1g_1.42-2.deb and install it. Now I can
install kpilot with no problems.

root:/home/jesse/.kpackage# dpkg -i qt1*
(Reading database ... 56364 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace qt1g 1.42-1 (using qt1g_1.42-2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement qt1g ...
Setting up qt1g (1.42-2) ...

root:/home/jesse/.kpackage# dpkg -i kpilot*
(Reading database ... 56364 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kpilot 3.1.8-3 (using kpilot_3.1.8-3_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kpilot ...
Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish(forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
Setting up kpilot (3.1.8-3) ...
Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish(forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)

Installation of KPilot is now complete!!!

	So far, so good. Now I'm able to successfully
install kpilot and I'm a very happy camper, except...

	Now, several other kapps no longer work. When I try to run kedit or
kpakage, I get the following error:

kpackage: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/X11R6/lib/libkfile.so.2: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

	Mmmm... Ok, this seems quite odd, but as the only thing I did was
upgrade qt1g, I figured that must be the source of my problem. So, I uninstall
it and go back to qt1g_1.42-1.

	Everything now works, even kpilot, except that now I get a dependancy
error re: kpilot whenever I perform a dist-upgrade.

	Do any of you fine people out there know how I can get this thing
straightened out?

--
'til next we type...
HAVE FUN!! -- Jesse