Re: make-kpkg on SMP platform

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 05:00:32PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I incorrect in assuming that you need to pass the "-j 2" option to
> make to fully realise the benefits of compiling on an SMP platform?  If
> so, how do I get make-kpkg to use this option?
>
> If this is a rtfm type thing which fm should I r?  I suspect the
> solution involves environment variables ...

/usr/srx/linux/Documentation/smp.txt (or something of the sort). Just
change Makefile in the toplevel linux dir where it says MAKE=make to
MAKE="make -j3" (the smp.txt says to add one to number of procs, or to try
just -j if you have alot of memory and cpu speed etc).

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com