Re: is postgresql free?

"Eliezer Figueroa" wrote:
  >can I have unlimited clients conected to postgresql with no licese
  >payment.

Yes; postgresql is in the `main' section of the distribution, which
means it is DFSG-compliant.  All `main' and `contrib' packages are
completely free of any payment for licences.

However, if you want more than 32 simultaneous users of postgresql, you
will have to recompile it; then you will have to recompile your kernel
to allow more shared memory and semaphores...  Release 6.5 of PostgreSQL	will
change the 32 user limit.

     "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
      fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom
      shall I be afraid?"           Psalms 27:1