RE: G3

On 04-Mar-99 tracheotomy bob wrote:
> Hallo all,
>       Has anyone put Debian GNU/Linux onto Apples new G3? Are there any
> particular issues one should be aware of when putting Debian onto Apples?
> I've never touched an Apple before so I'm just wondering...
> thanks

We are working on it (we not including me because I can not afford one).  The
main issue is that EVERYTHING is usb based -- keyboard, mouse, etc.  So we need
usb support first.  It is kind of hard to test something when the keyboard does
nto even work (-:

We will get there though.  BTW new iMac based laptops due in the next 3 - 6
months.