Re: Please HELP ME!!!

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Nuno Donato wrote:

> I really need some help here.
> How can I have Linux to mount automatically my hard drives
> at boot. Because every time I run Linux, I have to mount all
> my partitions into separate directories.
>  Can I create some type of autoexec file?
>
> PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Do you have a file called "/etc/fstab" ?  That is the filesystem table, ie
this is what the system looks at at boot time to determine what disks to
mount.  So for example, here's mine:

$ cat /etc/fstab
#
/dev/hda3	/	ext2    defaults,errors=remount-ro   0	1
/dev/hda2       none    swap    sw                           0  0
proc            /proc   proc    defaults                     0  0
/dev/hda4       /usr/local ext2 defaults                     0  2
$

So for each partition you want mounted at boot time, you need an entry
(in addition to /proc and swap), just do "man fstab" (and also "man
mount") for the meanings of the various options.

hope that helps,

marc