1 more Digital Unix question

Thanks to all who helped me with the pine "FOLDER INTERNAL DATA" issue.  Got
that taken care of.

1 more question that doesn't necessarily directly relate to Debian:

POP users on our Digital Unix system (on an Alpha box) often have trouble
receiving attachments.  If an attachment appears in certain users' email
boxes, they simply aren't able to retrieve any mail whatsoever.  Their
systems will just hang and not get past the message with the attachment.
However, using a telnet mail program (like pine) is able to access the
messages just fine, delete the attachment, and then allow the user to once
again retrieve mail with their POP client.

Any suggestions that might help allow users to retrieve these attachments?

thanks in advance,

Brian Morgan
bmorgan@greenville.edu