Re: realaudio with 2.2.2

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I have been running frozen for several months.  As an example of a site
> which loads but doesn't play:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/summary.ram

	This might be problem that isn't related to realaudio, but to
sound in general on Linux 2.2.2.  I have several games
(doom,mirrormagic) which used to work perfectly on Linux 2.0.35,
but don't have sound under 2.2.2.  However, eMusic (recent copy)
can play .mod files, and the sound snippet that runs when GNOME
starts works as well.  It looks as if backwards compatibility has
bitten the dust when it comes to sound.

--
Ed C.