Re: apt-get and broken CD layouts

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 10:49:22AM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:22:43 +0100, you wrote:
> >First create /mnt/main and then mount there CD. And in mnt create links
> >dists, stable and frozen pointing to main. In /etc/apt/sources.list put this:
> >
> >deb file://localhost/mnt stable main
> >
> >This way everything should work as expected.
>
> This way, I'd basically create a directory tree that does look like a
> non-broken CD.

Yes, it was my intention. :-) Small errata: links dists, stable and frozen
should point to actual directory (/mnt) not to main! Simply dists--->. ,
stable--->. , frozen--->. And apt looks into /mnt/dists/stable/main and it
will look in fact into /mnt/main as it should in your case. Link "frozen"
is sometimes needed by apt-get so you should also create it.

> I see, this might be the only way to get apt-get to work on that CD.

I think so. I've used it to get apt-get to work with my strange slink
mirror.

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
"The day Micro$oft makes something that doesn't suck
 is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners"