Re: upgrading to slink from hamm

Pere Camps wrote:

> Hi!
>
>         What update procedure should I use in order to upgrade to slink
> from hamm? Just point dftp to the new ftp directory and upgrade?
>
>         What are the main differences between the two releases (ie: smail
> vs exim), that I need to look up to make sure they work after upgrading?
>
>         I'm running a server for 400 people here and if something goes
> wrong, I'll get beheaded... ;)

	A)  If the system is important, then wait for slink to be
released as stable.  If you have another system, upgrade on that
machine and see if there are any problems, before upgrading your
server.

	B)  If you haven't already, get apt and either use it from the
command line, or from dselect (what I do).  Apt is a little
smarter about the order of packages to be installed.

	C)  Hamm had a complicated upgrade because hamm introduced the
new system lib (libc6).  hamm to slink should be much easier.

--
Ed C.