Re: root doesn't have permission?

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 10:51:00 -0500, Person, Roderick wrote:
> What would cause root not to have permission to delete a file, directory
> or symlinks.

A failed fsck at boot time, causing the filesystem to be mounted read-only.

> Is there anyway to correct this problem.

Make sure the filesystem is mounted read-only (e.g. by explicitly remounting
it as such), run fsck manually, and remount read-write.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking