Re: Getting X-Windows to recognize Truetype fonts...

	Subject: Getting X-Windows to recognize Truetype fonts...
	Date: Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 05:29:44PM -0600

Quoting rich(rehartma@artsci.wustl.edu):

> Howdy all,
>
> I'm having trouble getting Netscape and Wordperfect to recognize my
> TTFs... I've installed xfstt (it's loaded during boot-up), but when I do
> a "xlsfonts | grep ttf" I get nothing... I've also done "ln -s
> /dos_c/windows/fonts /usr/share/fonts/truetype/winfonts" as per xfstt
> documentation... I know that I'm probably supposed to add the line "xset
> fp+ unix/:7101&" to my xinitrc (?), but that doesn't do anything.... any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rich

I spent an hour last night & finally got it working correctly after
trying a number of different methods. In the end this worked best, for
me.

Created a file with the following in it.

xfstt --sync
xfstt  --res 120 &
xset fp+ inet/127.0.0.1:7100

NOTE: xfstt looks for the fonts, by default, in /usr/ttfonts.  Thats
where mine are.  If yours are elsewhere you have to symlink.

The xset fp+ inet/127.0.0.1:7100 works where th unin/:7100 didn't.

Now whenever I want ttf I just run that little file. That was at 2AM
so haven't done anything else since then.

HTH

--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@ix.netcom.com>