Proxying and such forth

Well, here goes nothing :)

I'm a little intrigued by some settings relating to dselect, basically how
would I set dselect to use the proxy which I use under netscape?  Or even
better use the one I have setup on my machine because it is set completely
to handle all proxy modes that my ISP uses.

I ask this because I don't feel like spending fifteen hours online
downloading slink (I'm only getting 15-25kps off my 56k modem without
proxying).

If I can't setup dselect to access via proxy what would I need to make it
send it's ftp requests to the proxy (I believe it's called transparent
proxy or some such, I don't know where to start with that).

Thanks in advance,
	Peter Ludwig