Re: CD-RW and CD-ROM both scd0

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 05:32:12PM -0800, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:
> At boot time, my cd-rw is recognized, and when I run xcdroast, the
> ide/scsi info seems to say that my nec cd-rom and my hp cd-rw are both on
> host scsi0.  Why is this.  When I type mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0, my
> cd-rom is mounted, sr1-12 all mount my cdrom.  Where would my cd-writer

I'm not sure this is the cause of the problem but IDE-SCSI
do not seem to work properly for me when "Probe all LUN's" is selected
in SCSI kernel configuration. I had my CD-RW listed multiple times.
When I deselected "Probe all LUN's" it only detected one device.
I can speculate that you have kernel compiled with this option and
your cdrom shows up as multiple devices and fills all device entries.
Try to recompile the kernel that will only probe until the first LUN and
see if it helps.