Re: cdrecord errors...

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Steve Beitzel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> 	I have been trying to burn a particular image to CD for the last 4
> hours now.  In the process, I have killed 5 CD's from the same bundle.
> cdrecord gets about 25-30% done with the burn, and then it gives output
> like this:

[errors snipped]

> I doubt that the drive is damaged, because I wrote a CD earlier today and
> it worked perfectly.  I also doubt that it is the fault of Linux, because
> when I tried to burn the same CD from Windows, it hung after getting
> through about 30% of the burn.  The CD-RW is a Memorex CRW-1622 using
> IDE-SCSI on Kernel 2.2.2.  Any ideas, or do I have a bad batch of CD's
> here?

Have you tried recreating the image?  What program are you using under
windoze?  I had one image once that would refuse to burn with cdrecord,
but burned fine with cdrwin--go figure.  I've also had probably about five
images that went the other way (cdrecord was fine, but cdrwin had
problems).  Chances are you don't have a bad batch of CD's.  If they're
AZO (blue back) take a look for imperfections on the bottom, but this
doesn't sound like a CD problem.  Another suggestions is -dummy is your
friend.  When testing this (Especially after you have toasted one disc, do
test-burns to make sure you don't toast any more!)

Good Luck!

-Dano