Gdm hangs and don't log in

Hi!

Just a little question: I've just installed GNOME rpms, including gdm.
Have configured /usr/etc/gdm/gdm.conf, created all the dirs required and
mentioned in docs. Now: gdm uses PAMs, right? Since I'm able to start gdm and
I don't get "incorrect password" or similar messages, but after logging in
gdm don't seems to be able to fire up a session. The server hangs idle and
nothing happens!

That's my /etc/pam.d/gdm file:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth       optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
session    optional     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

I've just tried to cheat pam setting as optional all the steps but that
don't seems to be a smart move! 8(

What can I do?

Many Thanx ....

Andrea!!!!