Re: Gnome programs crash

Matthew Cocker <cockerm@laue.chemistry.georgetown.edu> wrote:
> After installing gnome programs from slink, the programs won't run. I
> get the following error message
>
> gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libgnome.so.31: undefined symbol: poptHelpOptions

Just a comment: On Debian (unstable dist only, I think), GNOME/GTK
seems to be a real mess.  There's half a dozen incompatible versions
of GTK and various binaries use different versions.  Perhaps on slink,
not all applications have been updated to use the latest GNOME libs
either (libgnome31 seems to be a hamm thing).

Until this is cleaned up, you're probably better off compiling the
latest GNOME and applications yourself or try to use the RPMs.

-N.
--
"These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format.  After unzipping,
these files can be viewed in any text editor, including all versions of