Re: Where are ms-dos filenames for Debian packages?

	Subject: Where are ms-dos filenames for Debian packages?
	Date: Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 06:03:13PM -0600

Quoting Keith Saxon(saxon@ametro.net):

> Where can I find Debian packages with 8.3 filenames so I can install them
> from a DOS partion with dselect?

I have no idea!  I doubt that you would or could find any!

xserver-xtt-svga_3.3.3.1-0.xtt.1.deb

How would you suggest that file be handled?  Poor ole Windoze would
break.  The only 8.3 file names I know of are for the boot disks and
the rawrite.exe file, used to make the boot disks.

  OK, lets see if we can help.  Option 1 buy a CD for $1.99 + $5
shipping ( wait until next week so you can get Debian 2.1).

  Option 2 Find someone in your area that has a CD of any
older Debian release.  Use it to get started and then upgrade to the
latest & greatest over the net.

I would not have any other suggestion if all you currently have is
Gates-Ware running.

HTH

--
Real programmers disdain structured programming.  Structured programming
is for compulsive neurotics who were prematurely toilet-trained.  They