Re: mouse-pointer acting weird

I've just lived with it for the most part--try using a windowmanager with
less overhead, like FVWM vise enlightenment.  I have almost exactly the
same setup as you, except I invested in 32M of memory, and I have the
exact same problem, mostly I've minimized it with afterstep and minimizing
system overhead.