Re: Hamm -> Slink PROBLEMS

	Subject: Hamm -> Slink PROBLEMS
	Date: Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 08:55:20PM -0500

Quoting wax_man@bellsouth.net(wax_man@bellsouth.net):

> I am having problems upgrading my new box from hamm to slink.  I have installed
> apt for hamm.  I did changed my /etc/apt/sources.list file to point to
> ftp://ftp.us.debia.org/frozen main contrib non-free.  I then did an

If this is how it really looks thats why it doesn't work.  See below.

> apt-get update followed by an apt-get dist-upgrade.  While trying to
> d/l, apt gave me the following errors:

This

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free

or this

deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free

and this

deb http://conan.eecg.toronto.edu slink/non-US Packages

You can only have one line uncommented for (main contrib non-free)
I have 4 or 5 there just in case a site is not up or is busy and then
I try another.

So usr either of the slink main lines and then the non-US and you will
have everything.  Syntax is important!

--
Turnaucka's Law:
  The attention span of a computer is only as long as its electrical cord.