Re: Decode mail attachements from Eudora via a filter

> I recently begun to receive messages with information like this:

     [...]

     [...]

> How can I restore the file "File.doc" from the attachement made with
> Eudora?. I have tried with uudecode but it doesn't work (it seems it is
> not uuencoded).

Nope, it's base64-encoded (look at the Content-Transfer-Encoding header line)

Install mpack, and you can probably flush mails like these through
a nifty little program called munpack to unpack end decode the stuff.
Of course, that won't make the Word files any more readable, but
perhaps WP or SO can do the trick...  Better yet, teach your mom to
send you text files, or html if formatting is so important!

TTFN,
--
Hans Peter Verne ( hpv @ kjemi.uio.no )         Phone: (+47) 22 85 54 14
Dept. of Chemistry, University of Oslo.         Fax:   (+47) 22 85 54 41

`It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever,
have you thought of going into teaching?'    -- Terry Pratchett, "Mort"