Re: (Oops. Again with no HTML) Std. Serial ports beyond 115K?

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Kevin Traas wrote:

> I want to connect an external ISDN to my system using the MB's standard
> serial ports.  However, everything's telling me I can only push 115K through
> these serial ports - far less than the theoretical max of an ISDN TA that
> does V.42bis.
>
> Any comments/suggestions on "overclocking"  ;-)  built-in serial ports to
> 230 (or 460) Kbps?
>
> Note:  I realize that HS serial ports/boards are available, but I don't want
> to shell out the money if I don't have to....
> Note2: If you can recommend a good external ISDN TA (North America) or an
> internal that supports DialD, I'd love to hear from you.

I use a Motorola BitSurfr Pro Ez and it works fine with ip-masq.  You're
right on the limitation though... I tried a high speed port but I couldn't
get it to work.  115.2 seems fine to me...

Cheers!
--
Chuck Mead, CEO - Moongroup Consulting, Inc. <chuck@moongroup.com>
http://www.moongroup.com/

Need help with sendmail/fetchmail/procmail or MUA's?