leafnode expiring news groups

leafnode seems to stop fetching articles from news groups that haven't
been read after 2 days. This is too short for me, I can't always read all
of the groups I follow at that rate, seems I do a lot of reading on the
weekends. This doesn't seem to be configurable, at least I wasn't able to
find anything in the documentation or configuration file for it. I
started to look at the code to patch this behavior, but haven't been
able to get to it. This is on a Debian 2.0 (hamm) system by the way.

Does anyone know of a way to change the default time period before news
groups are unsubscribed from fetch process?