Std. Serial ports beyond 115K?

I want to connect an external ISDN to my system using the MB's standard serial ports.  However, everything's telling me I can only push 115K through these serial ports - far less than the theoretical max of an ISDN TA that does V.42bis.

Any comments/suggestions on "overclocking"  ;-)  built-in serial ports to 230 (or 460) Kbps?

Note:  I realize that HS serial ports/boards are available, but I don't want to shell out the money if I don't have to....
Note2: If you can recommend a good external ISDN TA (North America) or an internal that supports DialD, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Kevin