Re: apt-get downloading packages question

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Preston Landers wrote:

> Anyway, I still have about 50 mb of packages to download and apt-get
> annonyingly gives up the whole process with a single bad transfer or
> connection.  all I have to do is press enter about three times to get it

It should give up the file it is downloading but reconnect for the other
files.. Actually depending on what 0.3.0 bugfix varient you got you might
have various sorts of problems.. (including repeated getsockerr errors)

I have placed the latest CVS apt at

http://www.debian.org/~jgg/apt_19980223_i386.deb

you might want to use it.. (but not with gnome-apt)

Jason