Re: IRC

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> I would like to give the on line irc at debian a try.  What software
> package would I use, and how to set it up to access the debian channel?

	There is an ircii package on there.  Some people like BitchX, for
which I also believe there is a package, but i personally find the
documentation lacking (compound that with the fact that BitchX has
umpteen-trillion features).  Though I hear EPIC (ircii next-gen client) is
better and can do away with some of the scripts that make IRCII much more
usable ( I use a slightly modified venom.irc ), but there doesn't seem to
be an Debian packages for that.  I suppose you could use "alien" on the
.tar.gz