Re: ROOT created chaos !

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Bal K. Paudyal wrote:

 : Hello Friends,
 :
 : As root, I typed the following:
 :
 : "chsh /bin/usr/tcsh" when I meant "chsh /usr/bin/tcsh".
 :
 : I just wanted to change the shell. But now because that shell file does not
 : exist, the system does not allow me to log in as root. I tried to log as su
 : but it does not work! There must be some way to change the things back!

As your non-root user, type

  su -s /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/chsh

You will be prompted for the root passwd, and then the chsh command will
run.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD